Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

7-21-14 Spencer Update

Spencer is currently 32 weeks 5 days gestation (6.5 weeks old) and today he weighs 4 pounds!!

Over the weekend they tried to wean him down on his CPAP. They got him down to a pressure of 4, but below that he started having quite a few alarms. So today, they are trying something different. They took him off of CPAP and put him on something called "2 liter high flow." He still receives air pressure through his tubes but not as strong as the CPAP. So far, he is tolerating this pretty well!

If Spencer continues to tolerate the high flow, then we should be able to try some bottle feeding later this week.

Other big news, Spencer now gets to wear clothes! When I hold up the clothes I think, "This is so small. Surely he won't fit into this." But he does....He is still kinda drowning in his preemie clothes, but we don't care. We think he looks adorable.


Carter seems to be going through a phase now. I think it's normal nearly 3-year old behavior, as well as normal acting out related to having to share his parents with a new sibling. Even so, it's been rough. Lots of prolonged tantrums about nothing and lots of attachment to mommy. It's draining, but I assume everyone goes through this, so somehow, we will make it through as well. I remember talking to other moms who said "it was tough for a little bit but then it got better." It seems a little more dramatic than that, but hopefully we will eventually say the same thing to other moms. =)

We have been overwhelmed with everyone's generousity. Thank you for your encouaragement, gifts, prayer and support. We are so thankful our little guy is doing so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment