Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

7-15-14 Spencer Update

Spencer has been doing really well since the transfer. His weight is 3 lb. 9 oz - which means he has doubled his weight since birth! Here he is next to his teddy bear at 3 weeks and now again at nearly 6 weeks.



I have been getting to the know the staff at St. Elizabeth in Lincoln and they are all really great. They have been going out of their way to make sure we feel comfortable, can do things "the way we did in Omaha" and seem very flexible and laid back.

Spencer is all nestled into his new bed and has been doing lots of sleeping. The C-PAP machine at St. E's is a little different than in Omaha and I think he has been doing better on it since arriving. He hasn't been alarming as much.

Today the doctor decided to put Spencer back on the diuretic to help with some bloating he is having in his lower half - apparently pretty normal with preemies. We'll see if it does anything for his oxygen levels as well. They also moved the C-PAP pressure down from 6 to 5. Spencer seems to be tolerating that very well. 4 is basically as low as they will go with the C-PAP pressure, so hopefully we will see Spencer coming off of the C-PAP soon!

I was talking to the nurse about my concerns regarding what Spencer might be like when it is time for him to come home. She alleviated some of my fears by saying that they usually they try to wean them from oxygen in the hospital rather than sending them home with oxygen. She also said she is not sure she has ever seen a 26 weeker start off as strong as Spencer (not having some of the normal problems, like intubation, that 26 weekers usually have). I was reminded how strong our little miracle baby is. I am so thankful!

There is a song on the radio I keep hearing by Moriah Peters called "You Carry Me." Of course I find it encouraging as I work on trusting God through this each day. But actually, I had a "moment" where I had another vision of this song. I envisioned Spencer singing along to this song and knowing in his little heart, that God is taking care of him every step of the way. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment