There's been a lot going on since my last post, so I'll try to catch you up. We have been very B-U-S-Y lately. Some of it has been a nice distraction from our current situation, some of it, not so much.
Some of our really good neighbors found out their daughter was killed on Easter Sunday evening. It was a very tragic situation and our whole neighborhood has been reeling with shock and grieving their loss. We attended the funeral last weekend. The church was overflowing with people (literally people standing outside the church) who wanted to show their respects to such a special person. It is a very sad situation and currently there are no good answers for anyone.
Our household has been stricken with illness lately. Matt got bronchitis. Then I got the 24-hour flu, then I got a sinus infection. Carter was also sick with a cold. We are thankfully all on the mend!
My parents have been gone for the last 10 days so we have been watching Carter at home full-time. That turned out to be very challenging to do while on "bedrest." It was very hard to rest with a 2-year old that has needs all day long. =) Matt stayed home for the first five days and then my sis and niece came and stayed with us for the second half. It was great to see Kelly and she was really helpful cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids. Carter had to work on sharing his toys and sharing his mom (it's training for when "Dooma" comes I guess...). We got out a little bit and made the best of it.
As you know, we have been getting some good news about the pregnancy lately. This week was a mixture of news. I ended up going in for an ultrasound on Wednesday because I started bleeding bright red blood on Tuesday. (I had nearly stopped bleeding all together.) The ultrasound showed the hemorrhage is down to 19 cc and baby is doing great! However, this means the bleeding is not coming from the hemorrhage. They couldn't find anything else on the ultrasound to indicate the source of the bleeding. They did a test to see if the blood I was losing was mixed with amniotic fluid. This would mean the amniotic sac was leaking and would present a new set of problems.
Thankfully, there was no presence of amniotic fluid. But that leaves the situation inconclusive. In the last few days the bleeding has picked up and I have also started having irregular, painful cramping. This is all very concerning, especially since they haven't located the source of the bleeding. But, we rejoice that the hemorrhage continues to decrease. This is a miracle from God. And hopefully it means the risk of miscarriage continues to decrease. I am nearly 22 weeks, so we continue to count the days and pray that this baby will make it, whenever it decides to come.
This has been a challenging pregnancy, nearly every day since it started. But, we remain confident that God is in control of this story and is watching over us. Please pray for us and for this new development. We go back to the specialist on Tuesday and are hoping to find out more information at that point.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But He said to me, “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made
perfect in you.” So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses. Then
Christ’s power can live in me. For this
reason I am happy when I have weaknesses, insults, hard times, sufferings, and
all kinds of troubles for Christ. Because when I am weak, then I am truly
strong.
Thanks for the update. Will be praying for your appt tomorrow!
ReplyDelete