Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Update on baby #2

As some of you may know, it has been pretty eventful for us since announcing we are pregnant with baby #2.

About two weeks ago, I had some bleeding. We thought everything was healed and resolved. However, this past Friday I had more bleeding and after visiting the doctor, we found out we are dealing with a potentially serious situation for the baby. I have something called a subchorionic hemorrhage. (You can google it but there is not a lot of good things to be said).

It is a blood blister of sorts that is inside the uterus. It is actually fairly common during pregnancy, however mine keeps getting bigger rather than healing itself. Basically, if it continues to grow, it will cause me to miscarry the baby. Two weeks ago the hemorrhage was 1 cc (cc=mL). On Friday it was 33 cc. Now it is 54 cc.

 
The discouraging part is that there is nothing I can DO to actually help the situation. I have been put on official bedrest, which means laying flat all day and only getting up when absolutely necessary.  However, there is actually no research to show this will make a difference. And you can imagine how taxing it is on Matt to have to do everything around the house and with Carter. Carter is also struggling to understand why mom can't do anything with him anymore.

I know God is in charge of all of this and we just have to wait on Him to find out what will happen. If you could please pray for healing for me and that this pregnancy will continue I would appreciate it. I will be going back to the doctor every few days to get an ultrasound and see what is going on.
 
 
It's really hard to have something like this out of our control. It's so frustrating to see the baby, perfectly growing, healthy and heart beating, and but not have my body doing what it needs to do. 
 
I know God can heal me, and I know your prayers help. I just don't know if that's what will happen in this situation. Please pray for us!
 
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment