Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 30, 2010

Seeing God in daily life

We bought a hanging pot at Home Depot this spring. It was full of petunia blooms and looked great (for about a week.) Since then, it has really disappointed us. We have been dead-heading the plant but it really hasn't really bloomed much more this summer. Just the other day I told Matt that we should just throw away that "stupid plant." Matt, however, trimmed the plant back and left it in a sunny spot on the porch. Sure enough, a few days later, the plant was in FULL bloom, and more beautiful than it had been the first time.

I instantly thought of my relationship with God; of how God sometimes uses pain or hard times in my life to shape me into something beautiful. During those times, I feel crummy, ugly or useless. But, as I come through those times, eventually I see parts of my character that have developed into something more beautiful than before, more like Christ's character.

Thank you Jesus for giving me the grace I need each day to become more like you.


1 comment: