Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 16, 2010

Schafer Garden 2010

As you may know, I don't really have a "green thumb." This is probably because I lack the patience to take care of something long enough to see it come to fruition. That is why the last two summers I have only grown herbs from seed in clay pots. I stay fascinated long enough to see the little green blooms come up and water them into plants. Then I pluck them and it's over.

Well, this year I decided to pick up a small tomato plant as well. It was one of those 4-plant containers. So, I brought it home and planted all four of the plants in one big hole on the side of the house. As you can imagine, both Matt and my neighbors have been commenting on how I shouldn't plant tomatoes so close. Well, now the plant is about as high and wide as me. So, yeah, I guess I shouldn't have planted them all in one hole, but you know what?...It is still growing tomatoes!!!

And now I have lots of them growing, and since I don't like tomatoes, please call if you want me to bring you some. =)

First plant on the vine
First orange one!

1 comment:

  1. Bring me some! There's nothing like a home grown tomato. And I am impressed at your gardening ability because I, like you, do not have a green thumb. I tried to grow tomatoes two summers ago and got ZERO fruit. So there you go. Love you!

    ReplyDelete