Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 22, 2011

18 week update

Well, there has been a lot going on since my last update.

First of all - The nausea has passed! At my last appointment, the doctor put me on a steroid to help with the nausea and the inflammation I have been having in my eye. Whether it was that, all of your prayers, or just the right time for my body, the nausea finally passed at about 16 weeks. Yah! Praise the Lord. I feel like I can finally start enjoying this pregnancy. There are still plenty of days where I am really tired, but it is such a blessing to feel better.

Week 16 also ended up being the turning point where I just can't hide this bump anymore! This is both exciting, and slightly strange, as people start staring at me and wondering "Is she fat, or pregnant?" Although this is all public knowledge, some people haven't gotten the memo. You can really see them squirm as they try to figure out what to say to me to find out what's going on. I suppose I should help them out and just say something obvious, but it is just too much fun watching them squirm. =)

A few weeks ago we started price shopping all the of things you apparently buy for baby - crib, dresser, glider, bedding, car seat, stroller, pack-n-play, bath stuff, etc....Wow...the list goes on and on. It has been a bit overwhelming. Who knew something so little needed so much stuff? If you have any suggestions on what to buy/not buy or what brands, please pass on the info!

Recently, Matt came home one day with a baby heart monitor "so that he could feel more apart of this experience." So cute! So, we strapped this contraption on me, but thus far, we haven't heard anything too exciting besides my digestive system at work. It will apparently work better when I am a little farther along. Either way, it's pretty exciting to think about this little life that is growing within.

One scary situation is that I got into a car accident yesterday. Someone rear-ended me going about 35-40 mph - while my car had come to a complete stop. First of all, I was pretty upset that they messed up my new car. After I got over that, I was really worried if the baby was ok. Luckily no airbags deployed and I didn't hit the steering wheel. The Subaru did really great upon impact - I definitely felt it but the car was not damaged nearly to the extent that his car was. Even so, I stopped into the Dr.'s office afterwards and they did a little examination and listened for the heartbeat. Thankfully, everything appears to be ok. Please pray that I wouldn't feel much pain from the whip-lash and that the baby continues to grow safely.

Well, I think that's about it for updates. Here's the latest baby bump pic for you to enjoy....They say my uterus is about the size of a cantaloupe, which you can obviously see is making an impact!


18 weeks

2 comments:

  1. Keep them squirming...too funny!

    Sorry to hear about the car accident! Glad the Subaru kept you and the little babe safe. I want a Subaru myself so I am going to show Matt this post in hopes of swaying him into buying me one ;)

    You are oh so super cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, mama! So fun to see a picture of you. I'm happy to hear you were ok after that accident. So glad you're feeling better too.

    As for baby stuff...CRAIGSLIST! There is usually tons of baby stuff to choose from. We were given a crib when we had Anna, but there is a lot of stuff to buy. Check online for sales around town. Lots of moms groups (like MOPS) do sales as fundraisers for their groups. You can get really good stuff at garage sale prices. Maternity clothes too.

    ReplyDelete