The words were caught in my throat. I so rarely describe Spencer's condition as awesome, that it seemed very weird to agree with him. So, I started to contemplate why that was.....I am guessing it because we have faced each stage of his life thus far with tentative positivity. We know Spencer's path is in God's hands, and so far, he is passing through each phase of life with flying colors, but there is always a little hesitancy that things could change or something we didn't anticipate could happen.
I felt challenged in that moment to go all in - to change my mindset and fully rejoice in Spencer's amazing health and believe he really will be ok.
I think part of my struggle has to do with the fact that we have known two families in the next month that are suffering through a tragic still born birth (after carrying for a full term). The news is just devastating. You can't make sense of it. And in some senses I feel like it must be worse than what we have been through.....At least we KNEW something could go wrong and constantly prepared for it. With these precious families, there was no warning. A drastic change from anticipation and joy to devastation. It's definitely moments that test your faith - where you either decide God is sovereign, and good, even though the circumstances are bad or you falter.
It's a sharp reminder of the many, many blessings we have in Spencer, despite the long path getting there.
And speaking of Spencer, he is coming up to 23 months. Birthday #2 is just around the corner. I can't believe it!
He is doing all sorts of babbling and says the following phrases repeatedly:
Uh-oh
All done
Brother
Bubbles
Apple
Thank you
Ball
Hot
Doing "bubbles" together
Spying on a bunny on the other side of the fence
Aw, he is two-awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete