Carter turning four was a bit rocky, but now I see what many people say about four being a really sweet age. His mind is just going a million miles an hour, processing information, analyzing and drawing conclusions. It's fun to watch.
He says really cute things. And he's a parrot - so we have learned to keep our own language in check.
He is a good helper and really enjoys doing things to help his little brother out. (He also thinks it's really funny when little brother gets a time out - Now he's not the only one!)
He flourishes when you can get some alone time with him. All of the sudden he will start talking about something out of nowhere....The other night, he and I were swinging on the swings outside and he started jabbering about how he got to touch a real butterfly at daycare. He told me all the details about how to do it and how much he liked it.
He's our little songbird - always singing a song from Daniel Tiger, or Ninja Turtles, or Paw Patrol.
And his imagination! He will have these conversations between his monster trucks or Lego guys and does a great job playing by himself.
He is very good at coming to me when something breaks and saying he is sorry and admitting what happened.
I read somewhere recently it's important to find a way to embrace/enjoy this crazy phase of life because it is a short period of time in the parenting cycle where your kids still actually LIKE you, WANT to snuggle with you and be around you.
I am working on that - being present in the moment and enjoying the moment. I will admit this is a struggle as I just get so tired of thanklessly taking care of little people every moment of their lives. But as Carter fell asleep next to me on the couch the other night, I was reminded what a precious time this is.
Daniel Tiger show!
Awesome job at the dentist!
(Acting like Woody)
No comments:
Post a Comment