He officially started crawling on May 7th - the day marking 11 months. It's fun to see him getting better at it each day. He has become a little more adventurous and has started to follow us from room to room. His favorite room seems to be the bathroom (what is it about babies loving bathrooms?). He also loves to follow behind Carter as Carter "shows him how to crawl." Carter, of course, thinks this is great.
Spencer loves when we clap for him and tell him 'Good job.' Lately, it seems like he is trying to figure out how to clap himself as he slaps his hands at one another. We do a lot of clapping at the dinner table as we continue to try and coax him to eat....He is slowly getting better at it and has discovered he likes tortillas, squash, crackers and yogurt.
I know it sounds clique but it is so true....When I see the boys playing together, my heart just wells up with emotion. I think I might explode. It is indescribable happiness to see the beautiful bond of brotherhood developing between them. It's what Matt and I wished and hoped for when we decided to have a second baby. And in those fleeting moments when we witness it, it is breathtaking. It makes all of the stress and worry from the last year worth it.....
Stay tuned for pictures of the first birthday party...coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment