Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 13, 2014

It's a....

The last few ultrasounds have been hinting at the gender of our baby. However, our last appointment confirmed that we are officially having...........













ANOTHER BOY!



Surprised? Me too! I was CONVINCED, absolutely CONVINCED it was a girl. And frankly, everyone I talked to thought the same. Well, we were all wrong. It is most definitely a boy!

How fun for Carter to have a brother.....we are happy for him and happy for us!

Initially Matt and I had talked about finding out the gender on the second baby - for all the logical reasons of knowing whether we should keep all our stuff or start giving it away. But, with everything that has happened over the last month, I was feeling uneasy about finding out. What it really boiled down to was this - if we found out the gender of the baby, we would start to name it and grow more attached to it. And naturally there is a level of fear that comes with feeling more attached to the baby right now. But I am working through it. I am doing my best to embrace the situation and give this baby all the love I've got to give - even in the womb amidst all this uncertainty.

So we found out, and I am happy with that decision. It's nice to start calling it a 'he.' Here's to more blue around the Schafer household!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you two! You make good things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for the two of you. You make good things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD news! So fun to know it's a boy! Thank you for sharing. We'll keep praying for baby boy and his family too.

    ReplyDelete