Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 21, 2012

4 months after baby

There are SO many thoughts that run through my head about being a mother...and never any time to write them down...I guess that's part of motherhood. =)
My heart wells up a million different times when it comes to my little boy. It's just the most amazing thing to be a mom....I never understood how proud you could feel about a such a little thing. Everything he does I think is absolutely amazing. And I am not ashamed of that. I love my husband, but my love for Carter is different, but just as strong.

The journey to motherhood has already done quite a number on my body. Most of the things I don't really care about, but since I have documented every other aspect of my pregnancy/motherhood journey, I thought I should write about this as well. One of my co-workers said she thought the only thing about your body that doesn't change during pregnancy/motherhood is your ears, and I think I might have to agree. Here are some of the strange and unusual that happened to me....
  • Obviously I went through the whole weight gain/weight loss thing. I think I gained about 30 pounds. I quit keeping track after awhile because really, who cares? There wasn't a whole lot I could do about how my body felt like distributing the weight. I was actually pleasantly surprised about how I was able to shed the weight. Of course I had lofty plans to workout right away after baby, but THAT didn't happen. Who has time?? So I get cardio in about once a week, and try to lift some weights a few times a week, and that's about it. I am actually back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But that doesn't mean my body shape is the same....One of  my friends calls this phase "spongy" and I would have to agree. Oh well...hopefully with a little more time it will continue to go back to "normal"
  • About 8 weeks into my pregnancy, I got a stye in my left eye. Guess what? Nearly 11 months later, I still have it. Can't get rid of it. Tried everything. Still there....
  • My eyelashes aren't long and curly anymore.
  • My hair is falling out! (like crazy amounts on the bathroom floor every day) It's also not as curly as it used to be.
  • Pregnancy headaches. I had them for about 4 weeks constantly after having Carter (until I went and saw this amazing chiropractor!)
  • My belly button stretched out just a bit
  • The hormones....wow....they are crazy, overwhelming, and to blame for many irrational moments before, during and after baby.
I don't make this list to complain or lament about the changes. I understand there has to be some changes if you are going to birth a child from your body. I am proud I was able to do it. But I think I'll keep the list and refer back to it, in case I get the notion that I want another baby any time soon!

1 comment:

  1. My hair lost all its curl after my first baby. And fell out too. I don't think your body ever gets back to normal. It's a "new normal." :) So happy to hear that motherhood has been good to you!

    ReplyDelete