Lots of people told us that things would start to "click" at the six week mark, and we would have to agree. It's hard to pin down what it is exactly, but it seems like things have settled a little bit and everything isn't quite so hard, so tiring, or so overwhelming as it has been. Perhaps we have just settled in to our new lives. Or maybe we are actually getting better at this parenting stuff....Whatever it is, we are grateful.
We are really enjoying our little bundle of joy. He is so.....funny! His personality is already coming through in some ways and that is so fun to see. He squawks, screams, coos and even smiles at us on occasion.
We have transitioned him from 3-hour feeding schedule to a 4-hour schedule, which has possibly gained us an extra hour of sleep. Some nights he sleeps a little longer, and we get really excited.
I have gotten a little more adventurous about taking him places. I remember just a few weeks ago I was petrified of taking him anywhere without extra support. Now I venture to Target, the doctors office, or wherever needed. I even dare to take a shower when he is awake in his bouncy seat and trust he can sit there contentedly for a few minutes.
We have Carter sleeping in his own bed (another victory) and are learning how to lull him back to sleep after a feeding.
These might sound like trivial things, but all the folks who have been first-time parents I am sure understand.
I heard Carter laugh for the first time today - it was in his sleep, but it was still hilarious. Just out of nowwhere - the cutest little chuckle you have ever heard. And he started smiling at us about a week ago. You can only get him to do it after a feeding - but still - it is amazing.
As you can see, we are pretty "taken" with our little boy. Here are a few pictures to enjoy. We have had visits from aunts on both sides. A lot of fun!
Compare the first two pics - First one is when Carter was 3 days old. The second one is 6 weeks old.
Cortney and Carter - She was a great babysitter!
Aunt Lori and Carter
Hangin out in the Snugli!
Seth and Carter - he was always on "pacifier duty"
Carter sported his pink for the Breast Cancer Walk
All the girls wanted to help feed Carter!!
Aunt Kelly and Carter
Just chillin with Grandpa
Mara and Carter
Audra LOVES babies....
Happy Halloween!
I love seeing all these pictures! Good job getting out and about. I know that is a big step. I STILL don't really like running errands with my kids! :) Can't wait to see more!
ReplyDelete