Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 26, 2010

Matt is a great man-nurse

I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday, and boy, was it an experience!

Surgery went great (so I am told) but unfortunately, I didn't respond well to the anesthesia or pain pills. After six hours of throwing up, Matt got on the phone with the doctors and they switched me to a nausea medicine that is usually perscribed to chemotherapy patients. Luckily that did the trick. During the time that I was coming out of the anesthesia, there were many humorous moments....

Trying to rest my head on my arm in the car and falling over...

Asking why I had tape around my wrist about twenty times...

Well, asking everying about twenty times....Do I have stiches? Did it go well? Did you keep my teeth? Etc...

During that day, and the several days that followed my husband was awesome! Not that I didn't already know this....but I was once again reminded. He kept track of all my dosages and the food I ate on a tablet, held my hair as I threw up, woke me up in the night to give me my meds, and pretty much waited on me for three straight days. And you know what...he loved it. He is so good to me...

Here is a picture of the flowers my neighbor Pam brought me....The chipmunk cheeks weren't too bad....but I certainly wouldn't recommend this to anyone that doesn't have to have it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment