Saturday night I had a great time celebrating my birthday a little early. I decided to throw myself a party as I ring in the 30's...no need to be sad to say goodbye to the 20's, right?
We have been preparing for the big event for weeks...planting flowers, ordering catered food, and getting decorations. One of my favorite parts was the garden lights that we strung across our lawn and the colorful tiki torches.
There wasn't really a theme but I wanted to have all my "favorites" around... My favorite people, my favorite foods/drinks and just have a good time. My good friend Ruth was my partner-in-crime and helped me plan this great event. Kudos to her for the beautiful table decorations and the pinatas!! One for the children (filled with candy) and one for the adults (filled with candy AND little bottles of alcohol) Ha ha!
We had SO many kids that came. It was GREAT! I think they were the best entertainment of the night...oh wait....except for the fact that my parents hired a clown to come. She brought me flowers (made out of balloons) and she sang to me (embarrassing but really funny). I guess that takes the cake!
Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes and for coming if you could! I appreciate it. I felt very celebrated and had GREAT time.
Looks like FUN! Thanks for posting the pics so those of us who couldn't be there could see. Can't wait to see you on weds and give you a birthday hug!
ReplyDelete