(This is the neighbor's tree but of course I call it the Schafer tree)
For some reason, birthdays and anniversaries are a big deal for me. I don't know when I developed this obsession, but I did. So May 3rd was our second anniversary, but unfortunately, we didn't get to celebrate. We had a lot of family around (which was a great time) but our anniversary was put on the back-burner. So it worked out that we got to do some fun things today to celebrate post-May 3rd.
We started our day with a drive to Omaha and a great lunch at a resturant called "Roja". It was yummy...we got to sit on their patio near a fountatin, eat chips and salsa to our hearts content, and just enjoy some much-needed time together. Then we were off to a really cool exhibit called BODIES. It has been touring the country. You should check it out. It was well-worth the money and time.
After that we made a stop at Wheatfields...our favorite place and the world's best cinnamon rolls (they are nearly as big as your head). And then a stop at Village Pointe for some shopping. What a great day.
We are so thankful for the friends and family in our lives that shared that special day with us two years ago. Thank you to those who pray for us, encourage us and spend time with us. We love you!
Congratulations Matt and Stacey! It was so much fun for me to be a part of your wedding two years ago and I'm thankful to still be a part of your lives even across the miles. Love you!
ReplyDelete