Today is Easter Sunday. I had a good time going to church, eating a great meal, and taking Josie for a walk. But as I was walking, I was thinking how glad I am that I don't really need holidays any more. I mean, not like I used to.
Growing up, I felt like holidays were the time that you had to stop, and spend time thinking about what the specific holiday meant, and making sure you told God thank you for its significance. Although all that is still true today, I don't feel the obligation that I used to, to holidays.
I guess you could say that for me it has been a development in my spirituality. These days, on any given day I might be thinking about how thankful I am that God came as a Man to earth (Christmas), lived a perfect life, suffered pain for me, was crucified (Good Friday) and rose again (Easter). I guess I am glad that I don't need a "day" any more, to make me stop, remember and be thankful.
And yet, I sure don't mind the holidays. It is always good to think about how much I have to be thankful for, spend time with family, have a great meal together and share some laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment