So I am learning a little bit more about my husband and his own Christmas traditions. We went to Mark and Lisa's house this past weekend (Triplets parents) to prep, bake and decorate sugar cookies using the family's recipe.
First we helped the triplets cut and decorate a few cookies. They each have their own personality.
Kellen is scared of getting the flour on his hands or of getting dirty.
Mackenzie is pretty independent and really enjoyed putting the red sugar on top.
Sullivan enjoyed eating the dough and flour more than decorating, to the point that he said "Dad, I have a stomach ache!" They are a lot of fun. =)
When it was our turn, Matt is right in the middle of it all, rolling dough, switching out pans and decorating the finished product. We came home and Matt decided we needed to make MORE cookies! So you see that we baked some more, with a beer in hand.
I am a big fan of having traditions, so it looks like this is one that will be sticking around in the Schafer household! Merry Christmas!
Fun times! I'm squinting to read that cookie recipe! I just might steal it!
ReplyDelete