Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas time 2009




So Matt and I got our Christmas tree over the weekend. I am a stickler about having a REAL tree, because I grew up with a real tree, and you must keep up those traditions! But I did give in to the idea of getting our tree at Home Depot, instead of tredging through the woods in the snow (which is what my family always did).

Well it didn't take us too long to pick out a tree, throw it in Matt's truck and we were on our way. When we got home Matt insisted on having the tree "soak" in water before we could put it up. When we finally put the tree up on Sunday afternoon, we discovered that it is severely crooked, and I mean SEVERELY. How did we not notice this while we were tree shopping? I do not know, but it is pretty humorous.

Well we got the tree up and decorated, and as you can see from the pictures below, we had to do a little "rigging" with 3 extra books on one side of the tree to make it somewhat level.

Ah well! Where did the crazy idea of putting up a tree in your house come from anyways??

Hope all is well and you are enjoying the holiday season!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! A blog! So fun! I think you will really enjoy it. And I know I will enjoy reading about what you are up to. Love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Team Schaefer! Well, now we need to know how many degrees off center the tree is. Mine is about 15 degrees hehe Keep sharing your adventures, including pictures! Cheers to your first new blog story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're here!

    We have an artificial tree which everyone hates because they all want a real tree. But no one wants to help undecorate the prickly thing at the end of the season so...I broke down and bought a fake one at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago. It too, is crooked!

    Your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Honey!
    Your tree is wonderful! And the star is almost on the top!! The white lights look romantic, happy and peaceful, all in one!
    Newly married adventures are so fun! You are doing super - our first Christmas was 15 days after we were married, and we didn't even have a tree stand. We used a bucket of water - I didn't have to wash any floors for a few weeks. :)
    Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete