Spencer continues to go to physical therapy and speech therapy every other week. In physical therapy, we are working on teaching him to roll both ways and continue to monitor his torticollis and flat head. We are also going to see a helmet specialist next week to see if his flat head is severe enough to warrant wearing a helmet for awhile.
At speech therapy, we recently introduced baby food! Spencer, like most babies, gave some weird faces and wasn't quite sure what he thought of it. But, he is being a pretty good sport about it and I think he enjoys getting to sit at the dinner table with us each night in his own chair. Right now, the point of introducing baby food is simply to help him learn technique and proper tongue movement, rather than nutritional value.
Carter continues to be a ton of fun. He is always saying something new or singing a song. He loves being a big brother and loves Spencer so much, which is really neat to see. It's pretty amazing to watch the sibling bond develop right in front of your eyes. He loves his Thomas and Chuggington trains, and also loves going to preschool. On Valentine's Day, Matt and I got to be classroom 'helpers' and observe him in the classroom. It was so much fun and I don't think I was very much help because I was so distracted watching Carter!
We are thankful we have been able to remain relatively sickness-free this winter. Staying nestled in at home has helped, although I think we are all starting to feel a little stir-crazy with this winter weather. Just about one more month and then we look forward to getting out and about more!
No comments:
Post a Comment