Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 16, 2011

39 week update

Hello my friends.

I noticed there has been lots of traffic on my blog lately, as I am sure many of you are wondering what the latest scoop is. Well, unfortunately, there is no baby Schafer yet!

I am 39 1/2 weeks pregnant and would be really happy if the baby chose to come any day now. I am having some cramping and pelvic pain. I think the baby is running out of room and I fear how big it might be getting! I feel like I "waddle" everywhere I go, but still no major signs that baby is coming.

We have been going to the doctor for weekly visits and have seen a little bit of progress. I am dilated to 1 cm and about 50% effaced. My due date is September 20th and my next doctor appointment is on the 21st. If I don't have the baby before the appointment, I think we will probably set up a time to be induced. Our doctor's office typically induces at 41 weeks, due to the state of the placenta. I would really like to have the baby naturally, so you can be praying that things would happen on their own before then!

Matt has been tirelessly working on the baby room every night and all weekend the last few weeks. I am happy to report that it is completed. There are new oak doors, new windows and new oak trim throughout the room. There are a few special items in the room as well. Matt's aunt gave us a great glider which we had re-upholestered. It looks fabulous and is such a special gift, knowing the triplets were also rocked in that glider. The crib comes from the triplets and has a few teeth marks in it to remind us of their infancy and the journey their family has been through. We really like having these "used" pieces in the room, and the significance that they hold.

As you can see, my bags are packed and lonely as they wait by the front door. You'll also notice the fabulous diaper bag my friend just sent. It is so unique - something I really appreciate. I also like that it is very "Stacey" with the purple and teal ribbons, rather than being gender-neutral like the rest of our baby stuff. Surprisingly, Matt said he would be willing to carry it. =)

My lonely bags
My new diaper bag!

I hope my next post is to announce the arrival of baby Schafer! We will let you know as soon as we can when we have some exciting news to share. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, calls and text messages!

38 weeks

2 comments:

  1. I think the excessive blog traffic is probably me checking in on you! Love the diaper bag--that is so cute and very YOU! Hang in there, Stace. The last few days are really hard to wait, but you can be sure the baby will come right when he or she is supposed to. I'll be praying for you! Love, Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that diaper bag ;)

    ReplyDelete